Class 2, any solutions?

Re: Class 2, any solutions?

Postby ringnjc » August 3rd, 2012, 7:45 am

I loaded the new code 12_0718 last night. I did a quick test call and all seemed ok on my 2007 Cadillac SRX and iphone 4. I will report back on the stability of this code as the 11_0401 code was very flakey as many reported causing frequent lockups on my car and I've only had the bluestar for about 2 weeks.
ringnjc

Postby glears » August 5th, 2012, 6:46 am

Does anyone know if this firmware includes a2dp in it?
glears

Postby coyote » August 5th, 2012, 10:59 pm

I have been running the latest 12_0718 A2DP beta for a couple weeks now (2004 Bonneville GXP).

So far, it is a bit frustrating. It pretty much never automatically connects the Bluetooth. I must manually futz around in the Android menus to connect Bluetooth which is a real pain. Previous versions did not have this problem. Phone is a Motorola Droid Bionic.

Occasionally it will not connect audio or will not connect to the call and I have to use the phone's touch screen to end the call and try again.

Also, on the phone's Bluetooth menus, I do not get an A2DP option - it calls itself A2DP in the pairing and connect menu, but there is only "Phone Audio" - if I recall, previous A2DP betas had a second option to connect to the phone A2DP. If I play music on the phone, it just comes out the phones speakers.

All in all, I would say this release is a step backwards for my vehicle/phone combo.

john

coyote wrote:Installed in my 2004 Bonneville GXP. Initial test looks good (I have not routed the audio out yet so no A2DP test).

I've also been experiencing much of the Class 2 flakiness reported elsewhere so I am anxious to see how this beta performs over the coming week.

I'll report back later.

john
coyote

Postby glears » August 5th, 2012, 11:17 pm

From what your saying id have too think this latest firmware doesn't have the a2dp code in it. The reason your seeing the a2dp is because the Bluetooth profile was changed when you tested the beta a2dp firmware. Remember one of the steps was too apply a set of init. strings? Well that changed the name. You would have to apply the original text file which I got my self from Chris. On older firmware's I read in this forum that some were able to get a2dp to work via phones car speaker which sounded bad. I think the a2dp must still be in beta since Chris's comments only referred too the call id feature.
glears

Postby 2003 Duramax » August 9th, 2012, 11:35 am

As a follow-up to my previous post. In the end, I believe there are some odd ball Onstar systems out there, like mine, that were manufactured as "digital ready" that just don't have the same programming as either the earlier systems or the digital systems. On the bright side, I returned the unit and Costar refunded my purchase price as advertised.

JSM
2003 Duramax

Postby carbasher » August 10th, 2012, 11:30 pm

Wish I could return mine as well, kept waiting for promised fixes, but this is a close to a useable product I have gotten. So close I can almost taste it lol.

If it can connect it does work, But the connection issues are becoming annoying. I still have to go into the trunk and reboot about once or twice a week to reboot the module because it won't connect to my phone (iPhone 4). I get no light on the mirror, I can go into the Bluetooth settings on the phone, tap "bluestar" and it will show it connected, but the led does not come on and nothing works, needs a hard reboot to bring it back.

Any ideas? Or is this as good as it gets? A lot of money to spend on something only works part of the time.
carbasher

Postby ringnjc » August 14th, 2012, 10:03 am

Been using 12_0718 for about 10 days now and it appears to be far more stable in my 2007 Cadillac SRX than 11_0401. So far no lockups. Thanks!
ringnjc

Postby carbasher » August 16th, 2012, 6:32 pm

Still have to unplug all the time to reboot, anyone want to buy a used blue star unit?
carbasher

Postby GreySVO » September 15th, 2012, 11:11 am

Hi,

I am new to the BlueStar Group. I have a 2006 CTS-V and easily installed the unit. At first, the unit worked fine muting stereo, turning down AC fan speed. Then I got what appears to be the dreaded lock-up. I installed the programming utility to find the unit already has the most recent firmware.

Now I can make a call, but I can not hear the other end. Stereo mutes. I would like to know what happened between great operation and worthless usability.

I think this appears to be a big enough issue that we need COSTAR to make a quick intervention. The makes this an expensive paper-weight.

Thanks,
Barry
GreySVO

Postby mrcostar » September 15th, 2012, 12:45 pm

Hi Gary,
The latest code 12-0718 has made much improvement in many applications.
If you are running this code and are still having problems, we recommend that you downgrade the code to version 10-1028.
This will not result in any feature loss, and could help to eliminate the CLASS2 issue for you.
Although most of our sales at this point are into GMLAN based vehicles, we are continuing to support and work on the legacy CLASS2 control system.
MR. COSTAR
mrcostar
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to BLUESTAR 2010