New beta firmware attached

New beta firmware attached

Postby mrcostar » March 3rd, 2012, 9:47 pm

Class2 Users who have had issues with connectivity, I've attached a new beta version to address this issue.
Symptoms include unit hanging up and becoming unresponsive, requiring downgrade to 10-1028 or power cycle to resolve.

This rev also addresses some automatic connection issues particular to newer (2011/2012) vehicles. If your vehicle does not ever automatically pair, this should help.

Please post your experience with this rev. along with your vehicle type and previous issue.
Thanks!!!

We are also getting close with A2DP and a new version of the CPU that integrates the DSP programmer and fixes some identification issues particularly with 64 bit OS.
Thanks,
Attachments
BES_12-0302.cfw
(173.82 KiB) Downloaded 883 times
MR. COSTAR
mrcostar
Site Admin

Re: New beta firmware attached

Postby mrcostar » March 10th, 2012, 11:17 am

OK, we've got 14 downloads of the firmware and no feedback yet.
Is no news good news?
MR. COSTAR
mrcostar
Site Admin

Postby Flyrite » March 11th, 2012, 3:29 am

I've been testing the new beta for about 5 days now in my 2007 trailblazer. I still get freezes. Here's what I've noticed:

After short trips, the unit is usually working fine and automatically reconnects after the car is shut off, and restarted. Usually. I've had a couple of "solid green LED" freezes even after short-off periods.

Having the car off overnight is almost a guarantee that the unit will reboot when I start the car, if there is not a "solid green LED" lockup. the unit will reboot (flashing red/green LED), go to the single standby red falshing LED, then reboot A SECOND TIME, with no change to the cars power state (still running). After the second reboot, the unit goes to red-flashing standby and I can manually connect (no auto connect).

I've experienced the "solid green LED freeze", the "Solid Red LED freeze", and the "No led freeze." The NO LED freezes usually require an extended period of unplugged-ness (for lack of a better term) before a re-plug will force the unit to reboot.

Also, with this firmware, on at least 3 occasions, the unit will disconnect from the phone in the middle of an "extended length" call (I estimate more than about 10 minutes).

Anyone else having similar experiences?
Flyrite

Postby mrcostar » March 11th, 2012, 7:06 pm

Hi Flyrite,

There is something very odd with your particular install. It is not normal for the unit to continue resetting as it would appear to be doing.
This could be causing your particular lock-up. I have had a few emails with positive results on this beta test.

I suspect there is either a fault in the +12V feed, or something wrong with the unit that is causing this to continue.

Thanks for your feedback though. Send me an email and lets see if we cant get to the bottom of this once and for all.
MR. COSTAR
mrcostar
Site Admin

Postby dhudrlik » March 14th, 2012, 5:01 pm

Ok.. Purchased Bluestar and received 2 days ago. Installed in a 2006 Corvette. Install was literally 5 mins. Turned on and pairing was a breeze. Incoming volume good, outgoing people could not hear clearly. I figured all I had to do was increase the Mic gain. The issue was that I could not keep phone paired. Phone showed paired but Bluestar units seem frozen. I disconnected power and reconnected. I plugged in Laptop and found I had version 11-1005. I then installed this Beta version and problem resolved. Pairs instantly, Increased Mic gain solved outbound volume. One issue. I use Skype daily since I make many international calls. The 1st Skype call I made connected fine over Bluetooth. Second call Bluetooth worked for 5 seconds then disconnected and handed it to phone speakerphone. Phone showed Bluestar available but would not connect. Now, Bluetooth Skype calls do not work at all. In fact, Bluestar not even an option for connection. Not sure issue is with phone (Iphone4) or not, but Skype works fine in my other cars with Bluetooth. Thinking I might downgrade firmware version and see if works then..
dhudrlik

Postby dhudrlik » March 15th, 2012, 9:33 am

Update.. Wanted to check to see if my problem with Skype connection was a onetime problem or continuous problem. So I disconnected Bluetooth and reconnected. The results the same with 5 pair/unpair attempts. Once connected 1st time.. Skype / Bluestar works flawlessly. 2nd and 3rd attempt, Skype sees Bluestar, connects for a few seconds then disconnects. 4th attempt, Skype doesn’t see Bluestar. So to see if it is a Skype problem or maybe an Apple OS issue, I turned on my Text to Speech to have my phone read my e-mails. (I get like 300 a day and can listen to e-mails while driving). With each connection to the software, Bluestar worked as promised. Never a disconnect. So I guess I have narrowed it down to Skype / Bluestar since I have no problems with phone calls. Now it’s time to downgrade the firmware to see if it works. BTW.. I was wrong about outbound audio quality, people complaining.. Will adjust sensitivity after downgrade…
dhudrlik

Postby mrcostar » March 15th, 2012, 9:06 pm

I have not tested with skype. Odd that it works first time only. I havent had good luck with skype even on wifi though, so not too surprised.
Lower mic gain. this should help.
MR. COSTAR
mrcostar
Site Admin

Doesn't like my 08 GMC Canyon

Postby kfzig » April 13th, 2012, 3:09 pm

GMLAN, two-white-connector only.

Microphone noise filtering doesn't seem to work at all with this vehicle/firmware combination. I hear the "other side" with great quality through the truck's speakers, but what they receive from me is full of engine sounds and other noise. Also, there seem to be random 1 second cut-outs in audio experienced by both sides of the call.

Rolled back to 10-1028; seemed to mostly restore the noise filtering. It's not exactly the original onstar quality, but it's not "broken" either. :-)
kfzig

Postby garrettg » April 25th, 2012, 3:48 pm

I just ordered the bluestar and it arrived with beta 12-0302 and I was having issues with answering calls it would dissconnect which means not mute the radio and use the bluetooth. I have now downgraded the firmware to 10-1028 in hopes of better stability. I came from using the galaxy 1000 because I have a soft voice and wanted the adjustable microphone option. I am still tweaking the microphone as some people can't hear me very well, I have a 2007 cadillac cts-v and using a Samsung Transform andriod based phone. I have no problems trying out new firmware(keep working on it till you fix it, I will try anything at this point) but would probably advise not putting that on new units until its fully tested as not everybody is going to be looking up forums and loading old software just to get this thing working.
garrettg

Postby bravy02 » May 15th, 2012, 10:04 am

I applied this firmware to my BlueSTAR 2010 which is installed in my 2006 Saab 9-7x. I have an AT&T BlackBerry Torch 9810 which has Bluetooth 2.1. With this version the phone tends to successfully connect to the vehicle more often than with previous versions (ver 11-0401 or ver 1028) however its still not perfect.

There are times that the phone doesn't pair when the vehicle is started.

Or the pair is active but inbound or outbound calls show active Bluetooth on the phone but the radio fails to show PHONE and there's no audio on the phone or radio because the phone thinks the BlueSTAR is the active mic/speaker when its not.

I don't recall if I deleted the Bluetooth pair from my phone after the firmware upgrade. I can certainly try that if you think that it will help. Thank you!
bravy02

Next

Return to BLUESTAR 2010