A2DP Streaming **** BETA CODE ****

Re: A2DP Streaming **** BETA CODE ****

Postby coyote » March 24th, 2012, 4:06 pm

Update: Flashing the BES_12-0302.cfw (from another thread in this forum) seems to have gotten my BlueStar working again.
coyote

Postby Omlifecrew » March 24th, 2012, 9:21 pm

I flashed my unit to the new A2DP and my unit no longer works. Got through step 2 and unit went idle. No more red/green flashing. Tried to flash back but programing utility says idle. Need some help.
Omlifecrew

Postby mrcostar » March 25th, 2012, 9:24 am

When doing this upgrade, please follow the instructions carefully, and do not unplug the unit during upgrade.

If you have a very old unit (purchased between Jan-March 2010) you may have the older processor which does not have enough memory to run the A2DP upgrade.
Please contact techsupport if you think this might be an issue.

If you do have any problems with the install, tech support can try to help you through it remotely, and will accept the unit back for reprogramming if necessary.
MR. COSTAR
mrcostar
Site Admin

Postby trini18 » March 25th, 2012, 5:57 pm

am a bit confuesed...i already have a aux on my stock unit...with this upgrade am now able to stream with out the 3.5mm jack correct?
trini18

Postby dboycamaro » March 26th, 2012, 3:10 am

Ok...so I programmed my unit with the Beta Code. I am using this in a 2004 Envoy SLT. The phone I am using is a Droid Razr with bluetooth 2.1. After programming the unit I plugged it into my car to test. My phone paired immediately and then unpaired after about 5 secs. Couldn't pair it back after this occurred. Then...the unit started to flash red and green and all my lights in the car then started to go haywire. I immediately turned off the car and unplugged the unit. I turned on my car to make sure it was ok and yes....everything was working normally. Left it on for a couple of mins just to make sure. Will let you know if anything happens tomorrow. I think I will hold off on testing until all the kinks have been worked out. I like this product but not willing to risk shorting out the electrical system in my car to test it.

Is there any way to get the latest firmware on the website (11-1005)? I asked via e-mail if the unit came with the latest one and was told it did. Unfortunately, the response came way to late and I had already installed 11-0401.
dboycamaro

Postby dhudrlik » March 28th, 2012, 3:12 pm

2006 Corvette. / Iphone / FM modulator
Updated firmware to this beta code and as soon as I update, I lose connection to the Bluestar unit from my laptop. I have to unplug the unit from the car and re power to get laptop to reconnect to bluestar. After I reconnect, I up load the txt. File. When testing unit, I can pair phone, but that’s it. No hands Free, No streaming.. nothing. Suggestions? I tried installing and uninstalling update 3 times with same results…
dhudrlik

Postby acommonjo » March 28th, 2012, 5:44 pm

trini18 wrote:am a bit confuesed...i already have a aux on my stock unit...with this upgrade am now able to stream with out the 3.5mm jack correct?

With this update you should be able to connect stream media output (Music, Navigation, etc) via your bluetooth connection to the Bluestar. The Bluestar has a 3.5mm output on it that you can then hook up to your stereo through the Aux input or FM Modulator.

dhudrlik wrote:2006 Corvette. / Iphone / FM modulator
Updated firmware to this beta code and as soon as I update, I lose connection to the Bluestar unit from my laptop. I have to unplug the unit from the car and re power to get laptop to reconnect to bluestar. After I reconnect, I up load the txt. File. When testing unit, I can pair phone, but that’s it. No hands Free, No streaming.. nothing. Suggestions? I tried installing and uninstalling update 3 times with same results…

I'd recommend going through the phone settings to remove the Bluestar bluetooth profile from memory. After the upgrade to my Bluestar unit it was broadcasting the name "Bluestar A2DP" instead of the original name "Bluestar". There have been a couple of instances where my phone has connected to it with the older profile instead of the new A2DP Profile and as a result I haven't had the media streaming option available. Unpairing, removing the profile, and re-scanning for devices through my phone usually brings up the correct "Bluestar A2DP" connection and media streaming works as expected.
acommonjo

Postby sub84 » March 30th, 2012, 12:18 pm

dboycamaro wrote:Ok...so I programmed my unit with the Beta Code. I am using this in a 2004 Envoy SLT. The phone I am using is a Droid Razr with bluetooth 2.1. After programming the unit I plugged it into my car to test. My phone paired immediately and then unpaired after about 5 secs. Couldn't pair it back after this occurred. Then...the unit started to flash red and green and all my lights in the car then started to go haywire. I immediately turned off the car and unplugged the unit. I turned on my car to make sure it was ok and yes....everything was working normally. Left it on for a couple of mins just to make sure. Will let you know if anything happens tomorrow. I think I will hold off on testing until all the kinks have been worked out. I like this product but not willing to risk shorting out the electrical system in my car to test it.

Is there any way to get the latest firmware on the website (11-1005)? I asked via e-mail if the unit came with the latest one and was told it did. Unfortunately, the response came way to late and I had already installed 11-0401.

i had similar results with mine when trying the a2dp beta firmware from this thread
2004 suburban

i reflashed with beta code(without a2dp) from the other thread and everything is back normal
sub84

Postby mastercj » March 30th, 2012, 1:02 pm

2006 Trailblazer LT w/Factory NAV. Aux plug unit using XM radio input line. New replacement unit CoStar.

The most current beta A2DP firmware just locked the unit up and the nav said "XM ERROR"...from that point on not working.
I downgraded to the first beta and it works for the most part. The audio streaming does work, but the volume is very low and the bass is very high.
The phone works just about perfect...very clear, but the unit does not freeze, it hangs on after some phone calls as if you were still on the phone. The only way to stop it is too turn off the Bluetooth and back on. It will then connect and work. Overall the unit connects very fast. I'm not sure if the Nav display or the DIC are supposed too display anything like caller ID, but nothing displays on either.

I know the product is still being developed, but great work so far! Keep up the good work Chris! :D
mastercj

Postby trini18 » March 30th, 2012, 4:56 pm

acommonjo wrote:
trini18 wrote:am a bit confuesed...i already have a aux on my stock unit...with this upgrade am now able to stream with out the 3.5mm jack correct?

acommonjo wrote:With this update you should be able to connect stream media output (Music, Navigation, etc) via your bluetooth connection to the Bluestar. The Bluestar has a 3.5mm output on it that you can then hook up to your stereo through the Aux input or FM Modulator.
[/quote]

ok i use tuneIN radio for BB and it does not stream via Bluestar...What app will allow me to do this?

also when i check the properties of bluestar on my bb it only says under service "Handsfree" should it not say streaming or something like that?

using BB 9900

thanks
trini18

PreviousNext

Return to BLUESTAR 2010