Muffled Outgoing Audio

Muffled Outgoing Audio

Postby romeyjdogg » June 10th, 2011, 10:04 am

Just installed the BlueStar in my G8 and everything was a breeze. The unit is packaged very nice and I used the existing OnStar box to mount it.

Only problem I'm having is that while actually driving my vehicle, the people on the line are saying I sound muffled or like the connection is bad. When I stop the vehicle and there is no road noise, they say it sounds fine. Trying to talk while driving on the freeway is the worst. There are a few adjustments I am aware of. The unit volume level and the mic gain. I tried changing both with no luck. Anybody know where I'm going wrong? Thanks.
romeyjdogg

Re: Muffled Outgoing Audio

Postby mrcostar » June 10th, 2011, 12:16 pm

Usually lowering the mic gain does the trick. Don't be afraid to bottom it out. There is lots of range to adjust.
Bluestar should lower fan speed on ac to help reduce compartment noise. Is that happening?
MR. COSTAR
mrcostar
Site Admin

Postby romeyjdogg » June 10th, 2011, 12:20 pm

Thanks for the reply.

I did notice the fan speed was down to 1, I actually didn't know BlueStar was controlling that!

I had the mic gain down at '1'. I guess I'll just have to live with it there unless you think there's something else I can do. What's with the mic levels 1-13, A,B,C,D,E,F, etc? What do the mic levels actually mean? Lower mic level means it attenuates more background noise or what?
romeyjdogg

Postby mrcostar » June 10th, 2011, 1:41 pm

Values are in HEX I think you can actually go down to 0. (0 is not off it = -24dB of attenuation)
each step is 3dB in mic gain.
so range is -24 to +42dB
MR. COSTAR
mrcostar
Site Admin

Postby cnauman » June 10th, 2011, 2:36 pm

My wife says she can't understand me, at first I thought it was my phone but now it's the same problem with my new phone - tried taking it all the way down but it's still pretty bad. I wish I could figure out why it does this because I really want to use it more but I know whoever is on the other end is struggling to make out what I am saying.
cnauman

Postby romeyjdogg » June 27th, 2011, 2:28 pm

Yeah people just keep saying I sound muffled and it's hard to understand me.
romeyjdogg

Postby cnauman » June 28th, 2011, 8:35 pm

I stopped using mine for now, hopefully a solution will present itself. I could sense frustration on the other end of the line, was easier to just hold the phone to my ear and bypass the Bluetooth.

Not giving up hope though, it's too close to perfect.
cnauman

Postby mrcostar » June 28th, 2011, 8:58 pm

I have a modifcation that seems to help a bit, unfortunately, it requires a resistor change.
Do you want to send it in and see if this helps?
I also expect a new DSP version pretty soon. Perhaps that too will improve the sound in your applications.
Send me a pm or email techsupport if interested.
MR. COSTAR
mrcostar
Site Admin

Postby cnauman » June 28th, 2011, 9:10 pm

You know I'm game, PM sent. 8-)
cnauman

Postby romeyjdogg » July 25th, 2011, 7:15 pm

Any news on this? When's the new DSP upgrade?
romeyjdogg

Next

Return to BLUESTAR 2010