BlueStar no longer working

BlueStar no longer working

Postby BenMarsh » August 25th, 2013, 12:33 pm

I installed my unit in my 2006 H2 and it worked flawlessly with my iPhone. Even used Siri through the truck's mic and speakers. Then all of a sudden it just stopped working. My phone sees the Bluetooth connection and even pairs to the Bluestar, but nothing works. The steering wheel buttons or the direct buttons do nothing at all to the unit. The light stays green at all times on the OnStar panel no matter what I do with buttons pushes. No updates were installed at all.

I hear that some people are saying to unplug the unit and plug it back in, but this install was a nightmare. I had to remove the center console and dash to get at the unit. It is not an easy job at all, several hours. Is there any way to reset the unit without ripping the whole truck apart? I'm even willing to disconnect the battery to reset it at this point. Please help.

Thanks
Last edited by BenMarsh on August 25th, 2013, 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BenMarsh

Re: BlueStar no longer working

Postby BenMarsh » August 25th, 2013, 4:15 pm

Well, if anyone was interested. I did disconnect the main battery and reconnected it. Now the Bluestar unit is working perfectly again. So there's the answer for rebooting the unit without ripping the entire console and dash apart.

Any chance of a future software version that completely shuts down when the vehicle is off instead of going into a sleep mode? This way it will reboot itself on each startup and will work flawlessly.
BenMarsh

Postby mrcostar » August 30th, 2013, 1:24 pm

Hi Ben,
Please make sure the unit is upgraded to the latest release. This might help your issue.
MR. COSTAR
mrcostar
Site Admin

Postby willieg » September 9th, 2013, 6:14 pm

I have a 08 Saturn Sky and recently battery drained sitting in garage. once it had been jumped the bluestar stopped working.
Disconnected battery ground and once reconnected green light back on and working great.
just need A2D2 to stream pandora and it would be perfect
willieg

Return to BLUESTAR 2010