Erratic Volume

Erratic Volume

Postby mphcj5 » February 12th, 2013, 9:37 am

I looked but did not see this topic. If I missed it, I applogize. I have the Bluestar 2010 in a 2007 Chevy Impala, and a Iphone 5 with the latest updates. Verizon is my carrier.
My problem is Erratic Volume. Some times I get it in and I can hardly hear the phone or the voice. The next time I get in it is so loud everyone one is a 3 block radius can hear. I just can not figure out what is going on and how to control it. Any suggestions. I have played with the phone volume and the volume control on the steering wheel. Nothing helps.
mphcj5

Re: Erratic Volume

Postby Mel » February 12th, 2013, 3:38 pm

Mel

Postby dwatson » November 18th, 2013, 12:15 pm

Has this been fixed yet? I have used the utility and set the default volume, but that doesn't stop this problem from happening. Sometimes I have to turn the volume on my radio all the way up just to barely hear the person on the other end of the call and other times it is so blaringly loud I have to turn it way down. My bluetooth volume is the same in both instances. This gets to be very annoying. Vehicle: 2006 Chevy Silverado 2500HD, phone: Samsung Galaxy Note 2.
dwatson

Postby dwatson » December 16th, 2013, 1:17 pm

I guess I'm not surprised that the owner of the company has abandoned his product and will not even answer questions on the forum anymore. This product has never worked right and none of the fixed have helped. At this point, I am going to explore the option of a class action lawsuit since the product has never worked as advertised and the company has dropped support for it. Please send me a private message if you are interested in being a part of this lawsuit.
dwatson

Postby Cirinoca » December 30th, 2013, 11:07 am

I too have been suffering with this in my 2007 (New Style) GMC, and I-phone 5. it worked very well when I got this phone, along with the Droid incredible before it. I believe the i-phone 5 was an early version of IOS-6. during that time after one of the i-phone software updates this started to happen. (still IOS-6). I worked with it back and forth trying to reslove the issue but everytime I believed I solved the issue it would come back. I finally updated the phone to IOS-7 and no change. I am going to pull the unit from the vehical and update the firmware, but I am not confident from reading these posts that this will work either.
I am chiming in to see if the phone software version change may point Mr.Costar in the right direction. This is really not functional right now and I have been struggling with it for roughly 9 months. I need to pull the unit to hook up the aux audio plug anyway but it would be nice to find a solution for the phone. I have a really neat device that fits a need and I am using the phones speaker phone function instead of my nice hands free unit.
Cirinoca

Return to BLUESTAR 2010