Next Released Firmware?

Next Released Firmware?

Postby romeyjdogg » October 15th, 2012, 12:50 pm

Chris,

I have a 09 G8 GT and people are still complaining about road noise on their end. I have mic gain the lowest it will go. I never updated to the BETA firmware with AD2P since I don't use streaming. I get the most complaints on residential roads; I think they're really hearing the bumps I'm hitting.

Any suggestions?
romeyjdogg

Re: Next Released Firmware?

Postby scruff24 » October 18th, 2012, 7:24 pm

Welcome to my frustration. I have a G8 as well. GM really screwed us on the whole Bluetooth deal. While I like the Bluestar, I don't know if it is my phone, the nature of Bluetooth, or firmwaren that causes so much noise.
scruff24

Postby mrcostar » October 18th, 2012, 9:29 pm

We have had some great success in some noisy environments with the latest hardware that both changes the bias levels and attenuates the input going into the bluestar module.
In severe cases, It should be possible to modify older units to add this in, but they might have to come back to the factory to do so.
Please contact techsupport for more details.
MR. COSTAR
mrcostar
Site Admin

Postby Cad CTS » December 29th, 2012, 7:04 pm

With a 2006 CTS, the steering wheel has a button to answer the phone if OnStar was used. However the Costar product does not activate this button. Is there a software patch that will allow access and activation of this button?

Also, how many phones can be paired to the Bluestar product? If more than one, how do you change from one paired phone to another?
Cad CTS

Re: Next Released Firmware? How to download?

Postby telep723 » January 3rd, 2013, 1:34 am

Just installed the bluestar into a 2008 Hummer H3. The button on the mirror to answer the phone on incoming calls works sparingly. Would it be helpful to install the firmware updates? If so, what is the process in my doing this? Do I download to the car somehow?

Thanks.
telep723

Postby hogunh3 » January 21st, 2013, 3:56 pm

I have just installed the BlueStar 2010 and worked last night but not this morning... it is not silencing the radio during phone calls and it is not staying connected to bluetooth consistently

it should have come installed with most recent updates right?
hogunh3

Return to BLUESTAR 2010