Voice Dialing and Voice Commands?

Voice Dialing and Voice Commands?

Postby pcm2a » May 4th, 2012, 9:49 am

Before installing the Bluestar in my Cadillac XLR I could press the steering wheel and issue voice commands to do mapping and radio things. Now this seems to be gone. I assumed this was a radio feature and not an OnStar feature. Is it really an OnStar feature?

What button on the OnStar system do I need to press in order to activate the bluetooth voice dialing? If I'm supposed to get out my phone and use the phone to initiate the voice dialing then that sort of defeats the purpose of keeping my eyes on the road...
pcm2a

Re: Voice Dialing and Voice Commands?

Postby Omlifecrew » May 4th, 2012, 11:48 am

I was having the same problem but noticed that every time I pressed the phone button on the steering wheel the phone would ask which program to use. I installed dragon voice command app on my phone and it was competing with the default google voicedial. Check to see that your phone isn't asking you to choose a program to use. Also make sure that if this is the case, you select a program to use as the default voice command program and all should be good.
Omlifecrew

Re: Voice Dialing and Voice Commands?

Postby pcm2a » May 4th, 2012, 3:56 pm

Thanks for the reply, I got two updates now that I have tried a few more things.

1. Pressing the phone button on my OnStar rearview mirror activates my phones voice dialing. Very cool.

2. Pressing my steering wheel voice button tells me to speak. This does not activate my voice dialing. If I say one of the commands like "XM2, Screen Off, Navigation" that used to do something. Since disconnecting the OnStar it no longer does. After a few seconds it tells me that it did not recognize my command.
pcm2a

Return to BLUESTAR 2010