A2DP Streaming **** BETA CODE ****

Re: A2DP Streaming **** BETA CODE ****

Postby dvs_dave » April 10th, 2012, 5:27 pm

So I want to be able to do the following:

Connect my A2DP capable Garmin GPS so that the stereo is automatically muted, and the voice comes out over the car speakers when direction announcements are given just like with the onstar voice directions.

Also connect my phone so that it works handsfree but is also capable of a2dp streaming via the 3.5mm jack into the head unit AUX.

Will this work?
dvs_dave

Postby djuniah » April 15th, 2012, 2:04 pm

I'm about to install this now, but i had a question. In the PDF, it mentions shipping the unit back for a sound quality adjustment. If i ordered my unit at the very end of march, is this step still necessary, or has it been done already?

EDIT: Ok, installed it and here are my results:
- Flashed all of the files perfectly, the tool and drivers worked great! (my first time attempting to flash a firmware to this device)
- I cleared the pairing out of my phone before plugging it back in.
- Once the device was plugged in, it lit up and i saw the name show up on my phone when i hit search (it did have A2DP in the name, so it looked like the update took)
- However, once it was paired, the bluestar unit reported itself as only offering call audio, not a2dp and call. I figured that maybe it was my phone's fault (Verizon Motorola Razr Maxx running a leaked ICS (4.0.3) update) so i tried my old Droid X (on Gingerbread) and it saw the exact same thing

The car is a 2009 Pontiac G8 GT
djuniah

Postby trini18 » April 15th, 2012, 8:11 pm

ya streaming on this uinit doesnt work...i still have to use my 3.5 jack

BB9900
2009 pontiac G8 GT
trini18

Postby sabersaw » April 16th, 2012, 12:45 am

Phone: HTC EVO 4G with (stable CM7 ROM)
Vehicle: 2009 Chevy Silverado LT (standard stereo without steering wheel control, Aux input on front of stereo)

Installed the Beta firmware. Erased bluetooth associations and re-paired. The phone wouldn't show options for media audio (but the bluetooth name was BlueSTAR-A2DP). I believe I may have installed a wrong image file along the way. I also got errors when I tried to get real-time status info from PC software (something about data out of range) I Re-did the entire process again and was successful this time. Probably my fault but just throwing out there if anyone else sees these errors.

Audio seems good on both the phone calls and media streaming via 3.5mm input from BS to stereo. I think the 3.5mm cable I am using is of low quality and making intermittent contact once in while. I will probably replace it. DIC shows my phone pairing and caller id displays on stereo.

The strange thing I am seeing and someone else mentioned is the fact that after cutting the engine off the phone doesn't stay on as long. I noticed when the automatic head lights shuts off so does the Bluestar audio. You can also manually shut the lights off and the Bluestar audio cuts off as well. I noticed the bluetooth seems to stay paired but audio cuts off so does display on stereo. I don't remember this behavior before. But I had much older firmware prior to this update. I had neglected to apply all updates.

#edit# I also have a question.. does the Onstar mic get used when in media mode also? I think Android usually shows the device as a headset if a mic is present, been a while since I've seen it... maybe I'm wrong. But it would nice to have this option. Skype and TiKL users would really benefit from using that nice mic in their vehicles.
sabersaw

Postby mastercj » April 17th, 2012, 12:35 pm

MR COSTAR, how comes the Class2 issues? Any new beta test files to try out?
mastercj

Postby Omlifecrew » April 17th, 2012, 5:58 pm

**UPDATE** 2007 Avalanche, Droid 3, updated board from CoStar

All is good now. Previously I had posted that my Droid 3 and Samsung phones did not allow me to connect to media only phone audio. I reflashed after a first failed attempt and now bluetooth audio and media works. Listening to music and talking on the phone as I am typing. Fabulous sound quality.

Just a thought, it seems like the directions for step 3 can lead to most of the problems. You have to complete step 3 regardless of the version MAC address that you have. The way it is written makes it seem like if you have a MAC address of 00:07:80:92:xx:yy then you wouldn't have to do step 3. In step three you would not need to input PSR file if you have a MAC of 00:07:80:92:xx:yy, just the DSP.

Bluetooth shuts off and goes back to phone audio once the ignition is shut off.
Last edited by Omlifecrew on April 19th, 2012, 12:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Omlifecrew

Postby BOAKS » April 17th, 2012, 8:27 pm

Omlifecrew wrote:**UPDATE** 2007 Avalanche, Droid 3, updated board from CoStar

All is good now. Previously I had posted that my Droid 3 and Samsung phones did not allow me to connect to media only phone audio. I reflashed after a first failed attempt and now bluetooth audio and media works. Listening to music and talking on the phone as I am typing. Fabulous sound quality.

Just a thought, it seems like the directions for step 3 can lead to most of the problems. You have to complete step 3 regardless of the version MAC address that you have. The way it is written makes it seem like if you have a MAC address of 00:07:80:92:xx:yy then you wouldn't have to do step 3. In step three you would not need to input PSR file if you have a MAC of 00:07:80:92:xx:yy, just the DSP.

Unfortunatly I did follow all 3 steps and had my problem with the car shutting down. Hopefully they can figure out what is causing it. I think i'm going to just mail back the updated device while the are working out the bugs for a update then i'll be good to go when it's ready
BOAKS

Postby msb113 » April 17th, 2012, 9:18 pm

05 Deville
Galaxy S2
Class2

BES_12-0311 will not work at all for me... have flashed and re flashed numerous times while plugged in and not plugged in, have followed the directions... it will pair and connect only seconds after flashing but this is happening immediately after flashing without my key in the ignition, then if i put my key in and turn it the unit goes dead and never comes back up unless i unplug it, in which it continues to do the same thing. I can also state that it drained my battery in a half hr, I verified this by testing as such... unplugged unit, plugged back in, Bluetooth connects up but does not work as the key is not in, and if i do not put the key in and turn the ignition the battery will go dead... verified this twice

Flashed to BES_12-0302 and I can get everything to work except every time the Bluetooth first initially connects i get a solid red light on the mirror and my phone icon on my radio as if a call is taking place... the only way to cancel is to place a call and hang up then the unit seems to work fine for both phone and media.

Also, I flashed to BES_12-0302 before flashing to BES_12-0311 and could not get it to do both phone and media, it would only do phone. something with flashing to BES_12-0311 and then back to BES_12-0302 is allowing phone and media to work now on BES_12-0302, but as I said it has a bug or two.

Hope we can gets this resolved soon as this is a great product... also don't think I can send it in with BES_12-0302 on it for the tweaking and I do realize theses are beta versions and thats why we are testing them :)

Mark
msb113

Postby sabersaw » April 18th, 2012, 4:24 am

Omlifecrew wrote:**UPDATE** 2007 Avalanche, Droid 3, updated board from CoStar

Glad to hear it Omlifecrew... I tried responding to your instant message, but it wouldn't let me. It said I was a newb

I thought the warning message stated that the MAC address was good to go. You still needed all three files... but the hardware was optimized for good audio quality already. You don't have to send it in. Maybe I was wrong....? Maybe I saw that in the documentation?
sabersaw

Postby Omlifecrew » April 19th, 2012, 12:32 pm

BOAKS,

Sorry to hear that you are having that issue. Mr. Costar is very quick and reliable so you won't have to wait to long. I know how frustrating it is to be so close.
Omlifecrew

PreviousNext

Return to BLUESTAR 2010