Samsung CHARGE driod and bluestar NO WORK!

Samsung CHARGE driod and bluestar NO WORK!

Postby lugan79 » February 17th, 2012, 8:24 pm

The bluestar was working great for about a year and then I bought Samsung CHARGE Droid phone about a month ago and no more!

Samsung Charge will not connect to the bluestar!! What am I doing wrong? The green light flashes on the bluestar but it is not picking up the phone.

Is bluestar compatible with Samsung Charge Driod?

Thanks.
lugan79

Re: Samsung CHARGE driod and bluestar NO WORK!

Postby mrcostar » February 19th, 2012, 12:22 am

We have had issue with the Samsung Convoy (model U640), but I've been told the Samsung Convoy 2 works great.
I don't know of any other phone that has an issue.

The U640 would fail to pair. Is that what you are seeing?
MR. COSTAR
mrcostar
Site Admin

Postby lugan79 » February 20th, 2012, 9:25 pm

Thanks for your prompt response.

When the car is turned on the green light in the rear view mirror keeps blinking green. The phone registers Bluestar and says connected and paired.
However, the two are not communicating.

The phone is not a convoy this is the latest Samsung CHARGE driod smart phone with andriod software. The model number is SCH-i510

Please advise. Thanks.
lugan79

Postby normanrs » February 22nd, 2012, 10:19 am

My install is doing the same thing - immediately after pairing from scratch, it works OK. But after disconnecting once, from then on Bluestar just blinks green and never reconnects. I have a Samsung Rant.

Could this really be a problem with Samsung phones? I would think that connecting to a bluetooth headset would be standardized such that phone models don't make a difference.

??
normanrs

Postby pharmer » February 22nd, 2012, 10:45 am

I, too found that Samsung phones have issues with the Bluestar unit. I switched to an LG phone and the Bluestar unit worked exactly as it should. The only issue I had was with voice recognition. It sometimnes understood the voice command and sometimes would respond with a completely inappropriate response. Since then, I have switched to a Blackberry Curve and it immediately connects and disconnects as it should and the voice recognition is excellent. If you look at other postings about connectivity, Samsung phones seem to have a general issue.
pharmer

Postby lugan79 » March 1st, 2012, 10:32 pm

Update: I decided to hold the red button down for about 10 seconds and clear out the phones stored on the bluestar.
Then I relinked the samsung charge and guess what?
Everything works like it should. The phone connected no problem.

Only problem I have with this is that the customer support came from me NOT costar!

That's okay Costar keep hiding behind the website!
lugan79

Postby normanrs » March 13th, 2012, 6:44 pm

I reset Bluestar and got my connection to work fine . . . for a while. After about a week, though, for no apparent reason I just can't hear anything on Bluestar. The phone connects as it should, when I start to make a call the phone switches to it's voice command screen - all appears normal, except I can't hear anything. (Yes, the volume is all the way up on the phone.) Frustrating. I'm going to try to use my wife's non-Samsung phone, but it's not exactly convenient to use her phone for a week which is how long I need to test for this problem.
normanrs

Return to BLUESTAR 2010