Adjusting mic sensitivity

Adjusting mic sensitivity

Postby brianburb » January 2nd, 2012, 7:30 pm

Just connected Bluestar to my 2005 Suburban Z71 and am wondering if there is a way to increase the microphone sensitivity. I have just started using it and it seems that while driving I have to talk very loud in order for the other party to hear me clearly. Any help would be greatly appreciated. :D
brianburb

Re: Adjusting mic sensitivity

Postby mrcostar » January 11th, 2012, 12:28 pm

Mic gain can be adjusted by pressing the RED mirror button for three seconds while on a call. Then press the white button to decrease the gain, the blue button to increase it. Press the red again to save the settings.
This is the same procedure as setting the output volume, but you do it while on a call.
MR. COSTAR
mrcostar
Site Admin

Postby meubanks » February 5th, 2012, 2:41 pm

I'm wanting to adjust my blue star volume but my mic sensitivity is fine - don't want to mess with that.

I'm not really grasping how this same procedure can do either of these independently. I'm sure I'm just overlooking something simple....sorry for the noob question, but can you shed some light on what Im missing?

THANKS!!
meubanks

Postby mrcostar » February 7th, 2012, 8:45 pm

Simple:
Mic adjustment is done when on a call, volume adjustment when not on a call.
Same procedure, just depends when you do it.
MR. COSTAR
mrcostar
Site Admin

Postby djlex » February 26th, 2012, 3:39 pm

Hello,

Just installed the Bluestar onto my 2008 chevrolet corvette, and i have some problems. The phone link is ok, but when the call connects, it makes a huge noise (microphony). If i lower the volume, via the radio knob, it works ok. I therefore adjusted the mic gain to -9 and now it seems to be ok. However, there is a continuous noise in my speakers while i am on a call (like the flat line of a heart monitor). It increases and decreases in volume with the turning of the volume knob, but never disappears. Plus, the people i call say that they can barely hear me, and i sound like talking from a tin can :-)

Any ideeas how can i tweak the settings or so?

And, i have no caller number information neither on the DIC or on the radio screen (this one displays only ONSTAR, no name/number). IS this normal?

Regards,
Bogdan
djlex

Postby Neat1 » January 21st, 2013, 10:58 pm

djlex wrote:Hello,

Just installed the Bluestar onto my 2008 chevrolet corvette, and i have some problems. The phone link is ok, but when the call connects, it makes a huge noise (microphony). If i lower the volume, via the radio knob, it works ok. I therefore adjusted the mic gain to -9 and now it seems to be ok. However, there is a continuous noise in my speakers while i am on a call (like the flat line of a heart monitor). It increases and decreases in volume with the turning of the volume knob, but never disappears. Plus, the people i call say that they can barely hear me, and i sound like talking from a tin can :-)

Any ideeas how can i tweak the settings or so?

And, i have no caller number information neither on the DIC or on the radio screen (this one displays only ONSTAR, no name/number). IS this normal?

Regards,
Bogdan

Bump - did you ever get to the bottom of this?
Neat1

Postby Mel » January 22nd, 2013, 3:27 am

The corvett has a class 2 radio and there is no caller id feature for class 2 radios at this time.
Mel

Return to BLUESTAR 2010