After upgrade to ver 0812.cfw, my BlueStar stopped working

After upgrade to ver 0812.cfw, my BlueStar stopped working

Postby rollinncoaster » July 12th, 2011, 9:48 am

Hi,

My BlueStar module has never worked correctly as it had tons of problems with sound levels when an incoming call is received. Either the volume was too high or too low and had to be adjusted every time a call was received. During the next call, the volume level would not be saved and the same behavior occurred.

Since I had stopped using it for a couple of months, I was hoping that recent firmware addressed/solved some of these problems. Unfortunately, after upgrading my unit to firmware ver. 812, the module just blinks red and green in an alternating pattern whenever connected to either the USB port or the onStar connectors.

Trying to upgrade the firmware to a more recent release, (or any other firmware), the tool does not even detect the unit being connected. I have attempted to installed the CPU app on multiple machines; however, after installing the latest drivers and the latest version of the app, the results are the same: blinking RED/GREEN and no functionality or upgrade possible.

Is there anything I can do to recover the module? Was it a bad flash that broke my unit? Can I sent it for repair or recover?

Please let me know as I would like to continue using this product in my equinox 2007.

Thanks in advance for any replies.
rollinncoaster

Re: After upgrade to ver 0812.cfw, my BlueStar stopped worki

Postby mrcostar » July 13th, 2011, 9:30 pm

0812 is old. The latest is 11-0401. Can you upgrade to that?
MR. COSTAR
mrcostar
Site Admin

Postby rollinncoaster » July 20th, 2011, 9:37 pm

Well, the problem is that CPU does not even see the unit. The led flashes red/green and no upgrade is possible. Tried to reinstalled the drivers, use multiple machines, update CPU, but no go. It appears as if the unit was bricked. Is there any way to recover, or sent for repair?

What does the flashing red / green led mean?
rollinncoaster

Postby mrcostar » July 26th, 2011, 10:10 am

Flashing RED/GREEN means the unit is in Pairing mode and is operating normal but has no phones paired.
Flashing RED/GREEN/OFF is bootloader mode. This should happen for 5 seconds when first powered up. If stuck in this mode, you should still be able to reprogram the unit as the first thing the programmer does is put it into this mode.
MR. COSTAR
mrcostar
Site Admin

Postby msine00 » July 27th, 2011, 8:54 pm

I am having similar issues and was wondering if I could return my unit for evaluation?
msine00

Postby mrcostar » July 28th, 2011, 6:30 pm

msine00 wrote:I am having similar issues and was wondering if I could return my unit for evaluation?

Of course, please contact tech support via email for RMA.
MR. COSTAR
mrcostar
Site Admin

Return to BLUESTAR 2010