Call Answer Bug? No audio, radio unmutes.

Call Answer Bug? No audio, radio unmutes.

Postby Flyrite » May 13th, 2011, 11:15 am

So The Bluestar typically works fine. I can receive calls, make calls, auto connects, no problem.

The bug: I've returned to my car after being aaway for a couple of hours. The phone auto-conencts to bluestar fine. If I make an outgoign call, no problem, works as it shoudl. But if I receive a call, the radio mutes, the ringtone comes on. If it rings more than twice, the radio unmutes, but the phone is still ringing. I push the rearview mirror button to answer, the phone picks up the call, but the radio is still on, and I can't hear the caller, but they can hear me. I also cannot hear the caller through the phone earpeice if I pick it up and hold hte phone to my ear. When the call is over, the Bluestar is locked up and requeires a reset (I have turned off the engine for the reset).

This same problem happens even if I anser thcall after the first ring.

I can prevent this by, when entering my car, after auto conenct, pushing the blue button to disconnect, then pushing the blue button again to reconnect to the phone. Then I can receive calls noramlly (so far).

Anyone else with this issue? Thoughs? Obviosuly not a big deal, but I would like to not have to monkey with the bluetooth everytime I enter the car.

Thanks for the help.
Flyrite

Re: Call Answer Bug? No audio, radio unmutes.

Postby mrcostar » May 14th, 2011, 7:39 am

What type of car is this installed in?
MR. COSTAR
mrcostar
Site Admin

Postby Flyrite » May 14th, 2011, 1:27 pm

This is installed in a 2007 Chevy Trailblazer. The phone is a Sprint Evo Shift (Android 2.2).
Flyrite

Postby 002media » July 22nd, 2011, 4:52 pm

Similar issue with me. First incoming call rings, mutes radio etc. I answer via mirror button. Ringing stops, call display works etc. They can hear me, but I can't hear them. Once they re call works perfectly.
Happens sometimes not all the time.

car: 2006 pontiac g6
002media

Postby mnigh » August 4th, 2011, 9:40 am

I have a similar issue. I have an Iphone 4 and drive a Cadiallac SRX. On an incoming call, I get the ring and when I click answer I get a choice of sources, IPHONE, SPEAKER, BLUESTAR but no matter what I select I can not connect via bluestar. Also, all subsequent calls will do the same thing. However, if I initiate a call prior to receiving one all works just fine. I previously had a BB bold and had no such issues. Please help as its very frustrating. I am not sure if its a IPHONE setting or Bluestar. Thanks To add, I have just update to the lastest software.
mnigh

Postby Flyrite » August 10th, 2011, 4:58 pm

Mr. Costar suggested to me that maybe I should try downgrading the firmware in my device to hel;p solvce some of the radio muting and device freezing issues I have been experiencing. This weekend, I downgraded to version 1028 . So far (4-days), the device has auto connected perfectly, muted the radio properly, and has not frozen once. I'll report again once I have two weeks of testing time.
Flyrite

Postby seanmorrissey » August 11th, 2011, 1:31 am

I just purchased and have a 2008 Envoy. I am experiencing similiar issues as described in this post.
seanmorrissey

Postby sparky5309 » September 7th, 2011, 4:50 pm

same issue here on a 2007 Yukon Denali. Minor differences.....in troubleshooting with another phone I found that the bug is intermittent. sometimes the module works - other times I hear the radio mute as the call comes in - I can answer it with the white button - but the caller can't hear me and I can't hear them. Other times an incoming call won't mute the radio - since about 2 weeks ago - the Green LED has stopped working. (again this is intermittent. I know the LED isn't burned out because it sometimes works) Also, I know it's not due to software revision because it worked fine for about 6 months after I purchased it. I checked all the connections and everything is hooked up properly. Unfortunately I've damaged my radio front bezel now because I've had to rip it apart so many times to figure out whats wrong with the thing :(
sparky5309

Postby Flyrite » September 8th, 2011, 8:43 am

So I tried the older firmware, and the lockups/ freezes were WORSE than with the current firmware. I am back on the current firmware, and still have the call mute error, and the unit freezes completely every 2 to 3 days. I cannot find a pattern to the freezing. I am lucky that the trailblazer hookup is under the bnackseat, and access is easy. To reset, I unplug, but I have to wait about 10 to 20 minutes. If I replug too soon, the unit is still frozen.

This must be a ClassII bus problem? All of those who are having these issues appear to have a classII vehicle right Mr Costar? I'm a 2007 Trailblazer.
Flyrite

Postby mrcostar » September 13th, 2011, 10:51 pm

Performance issues have all been class2 related for sure. GMLAN based vehicles are very stable.
The latest release 11-0401 does have a bug where the CLASS2 mute / unmute can get hung indefinitely causing the bluestar to appear locked up.
Many applications function fine, but most problematic ones have been resolved by downgrading to version 10-1028.

Unplugging the unit even for 1 second, should recover properly, you should not have to wait 10-20 minutes, that makes no sense.
Please contact tech support and we will attempt some data logging with the CPU to see if we can narrow down your issues. It could be as simple as a bad unit.
MR. COSTAR
mrcostar
Site Admin

Next

Return to BLUESTAR 2010