Motorola Atrix 4G

Motorola Atrix 4G

Postby Jim » April 4th, 2011, 2:54 pm

I just got a brand new Motorola Atrix 4G phone. The phone runs andriod 2.2 and does not see the Bluestar. I have spent several days scanning for the device. I have also made the phone discoverable and tried several different ways to scan.

Anybody have any ideals what else I might try?
Jim

Re: Motorola Atrix 4G

Postby mrcostar » April 4th, 2011, 6:36 pm

Hi Jim,
Make sure BlueSTAR is in Pairing mode. Hold down blue button for three seconds. The LED should be blinking RED/GREEN.
MR. COSTAR
mrcostar
Site Admin

Postby Jim » April 5th, 2011, 8:20 pm

Thanks for the info. I did not know about the pairing mode.

Next problem
I have to pair each time I want to use it. It will not reconnect by its self
Jim

Postby mrcostar » April 6th, 2011, 3:57 pm

There might be a phone setting for that. Blackberry requires a checkbox to auto pair.
The unit should detect ignition sequence and begin to link when the car is turned on. The LED should blink fast green to indicate linking mode.
MR. COSTAR
mrcostar
Site Admin

Postby Flyrite » May 13th, 2011, 11:08 am

I have an EVO Shift 4G with Android 2.2 that did the smae thing. When you first paired, did it ask you for the passcode? Mine did not, and would not auto pair when the car was turned on. I reset the bluestar (tried this twice, once resetting with the "Hold red Key for 7-10 seconds, and once by physically unplugging the unit), then repaired. Scan for device, and when it come up, click the Bluestar device to pair. It shoudl ask you for the passcode then.

The first time I tried, I made my device discoverable, and the passcode option did not come up. Not sure why that affected it, but it seemd to do the trick. My phone auto connects everytime I start the car now.
Flyrite

Postby Jim » May 15th, 2011, 2:16 pm

I'll give it a try and see what happens
Jim

Postby GreekGeek » May 23rd, 2011, 1:33 pm

Any updates to this? I've tried all sorts of ways to get my wife's Motorola Android 2.2 phone to connect, but, it never works. I've reset, rebooted, held down the "blue" button multiple times and it never asks for the password to pair and once the pair process completes it automatically connects, but, refuses to connect afterwords....

Help!!!
GreekGeek

Postby Jim » May 25th, 2011, 10:25 am

The red button fixed my problem.

after I hit the red button did a scan on the phone it asked for the pass code.
Jim

Postby aaron96 » June 11th, 2011, 5:15 am

atrix does like XT882 however XT882 has got much more than atrix has to offer like processor of XT882 is much advanced as it has got dual core nvidia tegra 2 while that of motorola atrix is cortex and display screen size resolution is pretty the same (even os version differs however new motoblur interface could be found on both) but cost wise atrix is much affordable as compared to XT882 so cheers after all dual core androids are ready to compete in the mobile market. :)
aaron96

Return to BLUESTAR 2010