Multiple Bluetooth connections?

Multiple Bluetooth connections?

Postby lorensson » December 28th, 2012, 4:29 pm

I've got a setup where I use my ipad Mini for all my media and then of course take calls on my phone. Problem is, I can't connect the ipad to the Bluestar for A2DP streaming AND have calls come through from my phone.

I have temporarily used the aux-in line hard wired to my iPad, and the Bluestar is connected to the phone via Bluetooth, but the wire kinda defeats the purpose doesn't it?

Is there any way to connect multiple devices at once?
lorensson

Re: Multiple Bluetooth connections?

Postby Mel » December 28th, 2012, 9:42 pm

lorensson wrote:I've got a setup where I use my ipad Mini for all my media and then of course take calls on my phone. Problem is, I can't connect the ipad to the Bluestar for A2DP streaming AND have calls come through from my phone.

I have temporarily used the aux-in line hard wired to my iPad, and the Bluestar is connected to the phone via Bluetooth, but the wire kinda defeats the purpose doesn't it?

Is there any way to connect multiple devices at once?

To the best of my knowledge that is not possible on any device on the market. Only one Bluetooth connect at a time.
Mel

Postby lorensson » February 7th, 2013, 8:48 pm

Hi Mel, thanks for the reply.

That's not my understanding. For example, I can connect my ipad to my iPhone (for tethering) as well as my external Bluetooth GPS simultaneously. So I know that BT as a spec is capable of it. So the question is whether or not the BT software on the BlueStar is capable of it.
lorensson

Postby Omlifecrew » March 12th, 2013, 1:46 pm

I have tried as well and it does not seem to work. My iPad catches the bluetooth before my phone does and I cannot pair both at the same time. Looks like it is one or the other. My wife's '13 van has bluetooth and it is the same way. My phone or hers. Whoever gets to the car faster gets to use handsfree!
Omlifecrew

Postby mrcostar » March 17th, 2013, 7:46 am

Hands free profile used for calling, allows only one connection at a time.
I believe A2DP allows for multiple simultaneous connections, but the BlueSTAR does not currently support this.
MR. COSTAR
mrcostar
Site Admin

Return to BLUESTAR 2010