Where is OnStar Module Located for the 2006 Pontiac G6 GTP

Where is OnStar Module Located for the 2006 Pontiac G6 GTP

Postby jamahlk » March 28th, 2011, 1:54 pm

Hello all I'm new to the CoSTAR forum and was looking for some information on how to install the Blue tooth Costar module into my Pontiac G6. If anyone could provide me with information on how to install it and where the On star module is located i would greatly appreciate it. Thanks
jamahlk

Re: Where is OnStar Module Located for the 2006 Pontiac G6 G

Postby mrcostar » March 28th, 2011, 10:02 pm

Hi and welcome.
The onstar module in the G6 can be accessed easily by looking right behind the glove box. Release the opening stop tabs to allow the glove boc to rotate fully open. You should be able to access the harness connectors right from there. You might have to add the external GMLAN jumper as outlined in the app note on the website. Most Pontiacs are GMLAN-11 based
MR. COSTAR
mrcostar
Site Admin

Postby jamahlk » April 11th, 2011, 3:41 am

mrcostar wrote:Hi and welcome.
The onstar module in the G6 can be accessed easily by looking right behind the glove box. Release the opening stop tabs to allow the glove boc to rotate fully open. You should be able to access the harness connectors right from there. You might have to add the external GMLAN jumper as outlined in the app note on the website. Most Pontiacs are GMLAN-11 based

Thanks alot for the help. I haven't installed my bluestar module just yet and just updated the firmware on it. I appreciate the fast response, but what is the GMLAN jumper and where do i go about purchasing it? Also once the unit is connected will i have to let the onstar dealer know that i've replaced my unit or is it just plug and play and everything will work itself out? Thanks and i await your response.
jamahlk

Postby mrcostar » April 11th, 2011, 1:00 pm

The GMLAN jumper will be included with the kit along with instructions as to how to install. (They are also posted on the website, too).
You dont have to notify anyone at onstar, this unit will just plug in and play.
Thanks,
MR. COSTAR
mrcostar
Site Admin

Postby jamahlk » April 11th, 2011, 1:23 pm

mrcostar wrote:The GMLAN jumper will be included with the kit along with instructions as to how to install. (They are also posted on the website, too).
You dont have to notify anyone at onstar, this unit will just plug in and play.
Thanks,

Thanks for the help and i ordered my kit from neocaraudio.com and i only got the costar unit. Their was no GMLAN jumper included with my kit. I'm not sure if it's necessarily needed otherwise they would have included it with the unit. When i get everything installed i will let you know how it goes. Thanks again for your help
jamahlk

Postby mrcostar » April 11th, 2011, 5:58 pm

If you find that you need the jumper, we can supply that for you.
Just contact tech support and we'll send one out to you free of charge.
MR. COSTAR
mrcostar
Site Admin

Postby jamahlk » April 11th, 2011, 8:32 pm

Alright i'll let you know. Thanks for all the help
jamahlk

Postby jamahlk » April 26th, 2011, 10:06 pm

Mr. Costar,

I recently went to have my bluestar module installed into my Pontiac g6 and came across a problem. They had it hooked up and paired to there phone but when they went to make a phone call no sound came from the speakers at all. Now i believe this is due to the fact that i don't have the external GMLAN jumper that you spoke of from the last post. If you could confirm that this sounds like the reason why it wasn't working properly i would gladly appreciate it and would like to get the GMLAN jumper shipped out to me if possible beings i wasn't provided one with my order. Thanks and i await your response.
jamahlk

Postby mrcostar » April 28th, 2011, 9:47 pm

jamahlk wrote:Mr. Costar,

I recently went to have my bluestar module installed into my Pontiac g6 and came across a problem. They had it hooked up and paired to there phone but when they went to make a phone call no sound came from the speakers at all. Now i believe this is due to the fact that i don't have the external GMLAN jumper that you spoke of from the last post. If you could confirm that this sounds like the reason why it wasn't working properly i would gladly appreciate it and would like to get the GMLAN jumper shipped out to me if possible beings i wasn't provided one with my order. Thanks and i await your response.

Yes, External GMLAN jumper should have been included in G6 kit. Please contact tech support if this was not the case. We'll get you out a jumper.
MR. COSTAR
mrcostar
Site Admin

Postby jamahlk » April 28th, 2011, 11:09 pm

Thanks, i just contacted tech support and sent them my address. They said they would ship me one out tomorrow.
jamahlk

Return to G6