New Release 11-0401

COSTAR FIRMWARE (Release Updates)

Re: New Release 11-0401

Postby blueraven13 » April 2nd, 2011, 11:50 am

Hi,
I am not getting a display for the phone name when it links up or the caller ID when someone calls, the display is blank.
Thank you
blueraven13

Postby mrcostar » April 3rd, 2011, 11:33 am

The DIC is below the gauges. This feature is now enabled.for GMLAN 29 vehicles only. The G6 is GMLAN 11. You probably had to add the external jumper during installation. So for now, info on the radio is limited to what you currently have. I will look into adding phone id and caller id on the radio display as well.
MR. COSTAR
mrcostar
Site Admin

Postby blueraven13 » April 3rd, 2011, 11:42 am

Thank you for the information.
blueraven13

Postby scruff24 » April 3rd, 2011, 2:38 pm

Mr. Costar, first off Thank you ! I installed this update in my 2009 G8....it works as stated..showing the phone name and Caller Id in the DIC. Shows the outgoing call as stated....however, the mute function does not work that I can figure it out. Possibly it is my phone that disconnects when I press the mouth talking button quickly. I tried pressing the dial that controls the volume which used to mute it...doesn't mute audio now. (on steering wheel) Not a big deal...great job though in getting the Caller Id to work...I appreciate it .
scruff24

Postby pokey » April 3rd, 2011, 6:01 pm

scruff24 wrote:I tried pressing the dial that controls the volume which used to mute it...doesn't mute audio now. (on steering wheel) Not a big deal...great job though in getting the Caller Id to work...I appreciate it .

FYI - I just checked in my G8, 2009 Model and the stock Mute button still works.
pokey

Postby pokey » April 3rd, 2011, 6:06 pm

Awesome, Awesome, Awesome!!

Thank you Mr. Costar for the many updates since I purchased.

Re: G8
Everything in your release appears to be working great sans the mute function pressing the "talking mouth" but I can still mute by pressing the volume button on the steering wheel. Also noticed if I press the RED button maybe 6 sec. dic shows costar goes into pairing mode. Very happy with this update, really integrates the Bluestar into the car.

Thanks,
Pokey
pokey

Postby scruff24 » April 5th, 2011, 10:47 am

My 2009 G8 does not mute when the volume button is pushed. (Previously it did). The Phone (mouth talking button) when pushed...hangs up. Not sure what Pokey did different than I did. I checked version, after updating, unplugged unit..plugged back it. It pairs correctly and all..although I get a "tinny" sound and some distortion when leaving a message. (not sure if it is the phone or what.) I have adjusted levels before and got it to a point that my wife says sounds like I have phone to ear. But sometimes when I leave a vm for someone and listen back...that's when it sounds "tinny". I put the phone in the middle tray on my G8.

Let me know what you did Pokey that the mute works.
scruff24

Mic Level

Postby cnauman » April 5th, 2011, 8:16 pm

How do you get to the mic adjustment? I tried looking at the documentation and if I recall correctly it said to hold the red button for 3 seconds, that still adjusts the speaker volume.

Sorry if I missed it.
cnauman

Postby pokey » April 6th, 2011, 10:50 am

scruff24 wrote:My 2009 G8 does not mute when the volume button is pushed. (Previously it did). The Phone (mouth talking button) when pushed...hangs up. Not sure what Pokey did different than I did. I checked version, after updating, unplugged unit..plugged back it. It pairs correctly and all..although I get a "tinny" sound and some distortion when leaving a message. (not sure if it is the phone or what.) I have adjusted levels before and got it to a point that my wife says sounds like I have phone to ear. But sometimes when I leave a vm for someone and listen back...that's when it sounds "tinny". I put the phone in the middle tray on my G8.

Let me know what you did Pokey that the mute works.

I've verified my operation:
- Not on a call: My radio mute works
- On a call: My mute button does not work
- On a call: pressing the talking mouth button hangs up the call

With that said, I think mine is operating the same as yours. Not a big deal for me either if the mute button does not work while on a call.
pokey

Re: Mic Level

Postby pokey » April 6th, 2011, 10:52 am

cnauman wrote:How do you get to the mic adjustment? I tried looking at the documentation and if I recall correctly it said to hold the red button for 3 seconds, that still adjusts the speaker volume.

Sorry if I missed it.

While on a call you have to press the 'RED' button 3 seconds. Longer say maybe 10 seconds and mine enters pairing mode. (I missed it too at first, took me a little bit to find it in the 'Quick Start Guide'.)
pokey

PreviousNext

Return to CFW