Pairing Issue

Pairing Issue

Postby glrandol » January 29th, 2015, 9:40 am

I have had this for a little over a week and it has worked wonderful until this morning. I got in the car and it was not paired (always paired automatically before). I attempted to pair and it came up unsuccessful and to check and see if BlueStarII was in in range and on. I tried everything, even deleting in from my phone and searching again...no luck, in fact, now it won't show up at all. Any ideas?
glrandol

Re: Pairing Issue

Postby jfp » February 3rd, 2015, 10:52 pm

Had a very similar issue only mine progressed into something more. Contacted Chris at Costar and he has been good to help with the trouble shooting. I did return mine for either some in depth diagnostics or a replacement. Everything I tried never took care of the issue. It was almost as though it had a mind of its own. Get in contact with Chris at support. He is a very good communicator.
jfp

Re: Pairing Issue

Postby DrEos » February 16th, 2015, 4:41 pm

glrandol wrote:I have had this for a little over a week and it has worked wonderful until this morning. I got in the car and it was not paired (always paired automatically before). I attempted to pair and it came up unsuccessful and to check and see if BlueStarII was in in range and on. I tried everything, even deleting in from my phone and searching again...no luck, in fact, now it won't show up at all. Any ideas?

Was sifting through documents. Have you tried this? Erase all pairings by pressing the RED mirror button for 10 seconds. You should notice a RED / GREEN signal flashing indicating pairing mode. Search for devices with your cell, and you should see BlueSTAR. Select this device and pair to it entering 0000 as the passcode if asked. Your phone may or may not automatically connect to both hands free and media formats. For Android devices, a long press on the BlueSTAR device will bring up an options menu, where you can select the formats to connect with. Check both Phone and Media options. Consult your cell phone manufacturer for specific details.
DrEos

Return to BLUESTAR 2010