Voice Control Android

Voice Control Android

Postby Dallas » March 15th, 2014, 4:17 pm

When I first installed, it paired great, but opened the Samsung S-Voice application when keying the steering wheel voice control. Then that stopped working and the system is now telling me that is isn't getting any voice input.

All I want it to do is activate the "Google Voice" (AKA Google Now application) commands when keying the voice control on the wheel. Or, at least just get it to dial a phone book contact.

I can manually dial on the phone and it works.

Do you know what is needed on the phone (Galaxy Note 3) and the Costar to get this corrected? Is a firmware modification needed?

I just got it from Amazon, and one of the forum posts said that all new product was up-to-date and updates weren't needed.

I have a :
2007 Cadillac DTS
Bose/Nav system
Phone: Samsung Note 3
Dallas

Re: Voice Control Android

Postby Omlifecrew » March 16th, 2014, 10:08 pm

My steering wheel voice command button works always for incoming calls. Though, for voice-dialing it doesn't work at all. I have to use the phone button on the mirror. I run into the issue where I cannot bypass the lock-screen. I have tried all sorts of apps to bypass the lock-screen while in bluetooth mode and there is nothing that works. This is an Android issue and not CoStar's firmware. The only option I have found to work is unlocking or disabling the lock-screen. It will then let me use voice command. I too have a 2007 GM, but it's an Avalanche. But, as I stated, the voice button on the steering wheel doesn't ever work for me. If I use the talk button on the mirror it always works, if the lock-screen is unlocked or disabled.

Good Luck getting any kind of support. Seems like nobody has any answers, just questions.
Omlifecrew

Re: Voice Control Android

Postby Omlifecrew » March 20th, 2014, 4:11 pm

Two other options you can try. Have you set your phone to driving mode when you get into the car? Also what about wakeup commands like hi galaxy! Does either option work?
Omlifecrew

Return to BLUESTAR 2010