HELP!!!!!

HELP!!!!!

Postby bpf2 » January 27th, 2014, 1:28 pm

My unit does not work with any of the buttons in my car!! I plug it into my computer and try to update or re-install things and no matter what i do i get a timeout error. I've tried drivers, this that, a million different cords, it doesn't matter. I want this thing to work and I am incredibly frustrated that i cannot get a response from technical support and that there is no phone number to reach anyone!!. It is incredibly frustrating and if i cant get some answers soon will return the unit!!
bpf2

Re: HELP!!!!!

Postby bpf2 » January 27th, 2014, 3:05 pm

hey everyone, i don't know if this will be helpful to anyone but after no response from tech via email and all the issues my unit was facing I got it to work. I have no rhyme or reason to why it worked but this is what i did if it helps anyone.

I turned off the bluetooth on my phone.

I unplugged the unit from my car and took it to my computer inside. From there i read that the first five seconds you plug in your unit it goes into some other mode or somethnig and it has a better chance of getting recognized. so i opened up the utility on my computer and got all set, i plugged the unit in real quick and hit the configure button. Still got the error saying timeout in the bottom right but i pressed ahead anyway.

I dont know why but i decided to check all three of those buttons for the streaming options, i dont plan on using streaming video but i was so fed up i figured what do i have to lose. I unpaired or got it to forget my phone i had paired.

I then opened up the program button and re-installed the 13-0506 update. This one always installed for me before so it wasnt anything new for me. I then figured this was my last chance installing the HFP-A2DP-CVC.dfw update before i packed the unit up and sent it back. I had just tried to install this update 15 mins prior and got the big timeout error and it makes me close the program (as it did for 2 hours the night before). For whatever reason i hit it this time and the light stayed lit and it did its thing. I never got the error until the very end when it would get you excited that it might work and then piss on your hopes and dreams. This time it worked!!! i have no idea why or how or if anything i did above did shit to fix something or whatever but i didnt care i hit close and unplugged the unit as quickly as i could. I plugged it and and before i did anything in terms of putting back my car i wanted to test it. So far knock on wood all the features work, i can use the buttons to answer and hang up and so far so good. My luck i'll go out to my car later and the piece of shit wont work at all but for now i'm happy, it works.

Like i said it is the most frustrating thing in the world and i have no idea what made it work this time but it did, i hope this helps someone else who is on the verge of jumping. Hang in there!! you'll hopefully get it like me, good luck getting tech support, if you do tell them i'm still waiting for a response myself. And tell them to put up a phone number!!! its ridiculous that you cannot get anyone on the phone!!!
bpf2

Return to BLUESTAR 2010