Hanging Audio Interruptions

Hanging Audio Interruptions

Postby Tommy231 » November 7th, 2013, 2:31 pm

I just received and installed my BlueStar II in my 2008 Buick Lacrosse (Class2). I use it with an iPhone 5S. I was astounded that it works so well! It is a great product. I had it installed in about 2 minutes by not removing the OnStar box. The only issues I have are seemingly caused by the iPhone apps I use, but I thought I'd ask if anyone knows a solution.

The iPhone iOS 7.0.3 "Maps" application doesn't interrupt the stereo and speak via the vehicle's speakers at all, but Google Maps does, so that is what I usually use. However, sometimes when it interrupts the stereo audio, it lingers too long or hangs-up indefinitely. This is maybe once out of 10 or so interruptions where this occurs. I have found through experimentation that I can unlock the phone, bring up the Google Maps app, and then lock the phone, to get the audio interruption to go away. I don't see any iPhone or App settings that can affect this, but I have tried the ones that seemed to offer hope. Any other ideas?
Tommy231

Re: Hanging Audio Interruptions

Postby 07 GMC Envoy Denali » May 8th, 2014, 10:10 pm

I would love to know exactly how you do this. I also have a Class2 setup (I am told) given that I am using this in a 2007 GMC Envoy Denali with a Bose radio. I am also using the iPhone 5S.

Question - Have you experienced the loss of inbound audio and radio display going blank during a call? The other party can hear me speaking but I cannot hear them. It happens frequently.

2nd Q: When you are using Google Maps, are you using it such that you are listening to the Radio (CD, Satellite, FM) and successfully having the Google Maps nav interrupt the music (mute radio) to speak the nav instructions at the appropriate times? If so, I would really like to know the particulars of how you set this up. I have not been able to find the trick.
07 GMC Envoy Denali

Return to BLUESTAR 2010