Bluestar on 2011 Impala

Bluestar on 2011 Impala

Postby lonconsult » June 24th, 2013, 4:32 pm

I read all the messages on this board, all the reviews wherever I could find them, exchanged email with costar and finally decided to take the plunge. It was disappointing to say the least. I have two cell phones that both work very well with my factory installed Bluetooth module on my OTHER GM car. From everything I was led to believe my phones would work quite well with this Bluestar device. It would be fair for me to state that neither of my phones have voice recognition built in. However this has not caused any problem in my other car and I have paired several other phones for temporary use that also do not have voice recognition. What I expected was to be able to be hands free from the time the phone rang or I made a call to the time I hung up. I NEVER heard any internal voice commands on Bluestar as I hear on my factory installed unit. After the fact I was told that if I had a phone with voice recognition this device should work. Also it would not support one of my phones (Samsung) at all. I could NOT pair it. My message here is why doesn't Costar post a phone number? And or more information to allow for a educated purchase. In the past I always refused to do business with a company that didn't provide a phone call. I am going back to that position. Had I been able to speak to someone prior to making the purchase I am almost certain I would not have gone through this process. I wasted several hours of my own time and at least one hour of Chris's time. :(
lonconsult

Return to BLUESTAR 2010