Info needed

Info needed

Postby jayro » March 31st, 2011, 8:27 pm

It appears that this is a fairly new product and I'm interested. I have a 2006 ss malibu w/onstar and 2 verizon phones, ones a samsung reality and other is a lg chocolate. I went out to the car and turned on my phone bluetooth, it searched and found no devices.
Will this unit work in this car and be able to pair with each phone?
What happens when both phones are in the car and both phones ring at the same time ? Party line ?
What happens when you get a text message?
I'm a bit concerned about the audio thread I read. Poor audio would be a major bummer.
I haven't used onstar for 4 years but I do remember that the sound quality was excellent. Now that I think of it the sound was better then my 2 current verizon phones,, :).
I'd be willing to Beta one for you and put a logo on the car ;).
Anyway, any and all info would be great.

Thanks

Ryan
jayro

Re: Info needed

Postby cnauman » March 31st, 2011, 9:39 pm

Will this unit work in this car and be able to pair with each phone?
- Not sure, I would think so.

What happens when both phones are in the car and both phones ring at the same time ? Party line ?
- It will only pair with one device at a time, first paired device gets priority if both are in the vicinity.

What happens when you get a text message?
- Text shows up on the display... kidding, I think you hear the alert tone but I don't remember.

I'm a bit concerned about the audio thread I read. Poor audio would be a major bummer.
- Still experiencing that, hoping for a fix with the next firmware release.
cnauman

Re: Info needed

Postby BlairBohn » April 3rd, 2011, 6:51 pm

Yes the Bluestar will work with the Malibu SS; the unit will also pair with both phones; the newest version on the website should make the sound quite clear!
BlairBohn

Return to BLUESTAR 2010