iPhone5

Re: iPhone5

Postby dannadoucet » December 28th, 2012, 4:21 pm

Outgoing calls work fine - until you try to answer an incoming call, then the radio turns back on and the Bluestar 2010 is not functional until the phone is disconnected from its Bluetooth connection. Once reconnected, the iPhone 5 pairs with the Bluestar again and the process is the same - only working with outgoing calls.
dannadoucet

Postby DavidRSullivan » December 29th, 2012, 8:11 pm

With iPhone5, up to date with 6.0.2, BlueStar 2010 up to date (brand new) I can make outgoing and receive incoming calls, however, BlueStar does not always pair with my phone. Sometimes it thinks it does but the phone isn't connected and I have to use the blue multifunction to put it in standby and then put it in linking mode. Sometimes it is in linking mode forever, and I must go to standby and then back to linking mode. Sometimes it stars in standby mode.

For the linking mode forever issue, maybe you could have the BlueStar fail out of linking mode after 1 minute and then go to standby for 5 seconds, then go back to linking mode essentially repeating these steps util the phone connects.

For the BlueStar thinking it is connected when the iPhone says it's not, couldn't the BlueStar status the iPhone in some way to see if it responds properly, if not, then go to standby and then go to linking mode?

I have some experience with BlueTooth having been the engineering manager and engineer on a product connecting to BlueTooth Microphones/Headsets -- it was a pain, we were using BlueZ, which I can say a lot about....

I would be willing to offer some time to help if you have a dev board available.... (30 years in the software industry, look me up on LinkedIn)
DavidRSullivan

Postby RMEAV8R » January 2nd, 2013, 4:10 pm

I've been having a problem with my iPhone5 with Sprint where it pairs and connects properly but no other functions work as they should. My radio will not mute and will not broadcast through my speakers (My car is a 2008 Pontiac G8 GT).
RMEAV8R

Postby ringnjc » January 3rd, 2013, 3:40 pm

Same problem running the latest firmware and using my iPhone5, outgoing calls no issues, incoming calls I have to switch to the headset. Any updates on this one, should we try rolling back to an older firmware maybe?
ringnjc

Postby mrcostar » January 3rd, 2013, 9:03 pm

Still waiting to see if ios 6.1 solves the issue.
My testing here with iphone5 and verizon does not exhibit any problems :-( :?:
MR. COSTAR
mrcostar
Site Admin

Postby edp3 » January 9th, 2013, 3:48 pm

I found this post on the Apple thread that has over 50k views on the subject:

The Iphone 5 has a new arial and an upgrade to the Blue Tooth firmware(version 4.0.) They moved from version 2 to become more compatible with the newest version which is more applicable internationally. Unfortunately it does not seem to be backward compatible to all prior firmware versions. If Apple's firmware version is accurate according to standard 4.0 they won't and shouldn't change. It is up to the other systems to change. Unfortunately there are multiple versions of firmware out there and it is up to the auto companies to keep up to date. They do test the different phones in their cars and if you go to their web sites they list the phones that are compatible. But you have to realize there are so many phones and firmware versions that it is extremely difficult to make either the car or phones backward compatible with everything else out there.
It is my understanding that Mercedes should have upgraded their firmware already and that Nissan/Infinity are working on an upgrade. The primary problem seems to occure if you have the navigation system. Don't know if that is 100% true it is just what I was told by Nissan.

This makes it sound like the BlueStar is going to need a firmware upgrade to address the problems. The word on the street is that Infiniti is coming out with one in the next couple of weeks, so they must be figuring out something over there.

Hope this helps as I'd like to see this fixed!
edp3

Postby Mel » January 10th, 2013, 1:23 am

I think it is interesting I am having no problems while so many people seem to be having problems. I have an iPhone 5 on iOS 6.0.2 on AT&T and a Bluestar 2010 with FW 12-0718 connected to my 2009 Chevy Equinox.
Mel

Postby 6thFairway » January 10th, 2013, 11:29 pm

I am still waiting with fingers crossed to see if iOS 6.1 fixes this problem.

Today I had a pretty important incoming work call get dropped from bluetooth, and I had to fumble around to find my headset. It's only incoming calls that drop when you answer. Outgoing calls are still working great. I'll be very very happy if/when this gets fixed.

FWIW, it doesn't matter if I answer via the steering wheel controls or via the phone handset. Both get disconnected from bluetooth when I answer.
6thFairway

Postby Mel » January 11th, 2013, 2:07 am

6thFairway wrote:I am still waiting with fingers crossed to see if iOS 6.1 fixes this problem.

Today I had a pretty important incoming work call get dropped from bluetooth, and I had to fumble around to find my headset. It's only incoming calls that drop when you answer. Outgoing calls are still working great. I'll be very very happy if/when this gets fixed.

FWIW, it doesn't matter if I answer via the steering wheel controls or via the phone handset. Both get disconnected from bluetooth when I answer.

What about your rear view mirror controls? Do you have a gmlan radio or a class 2 radio? When was the last time you pluged bluestar into a computer to update it. Mine would disconnect calls when my auto light turned off till I update my bluestar. I have not had any problems since. I really don't think it is the phones firmware or hardware since I have an iPhone 5 and iPhone 4 that work just fine with my bluestar. More likely a setting on the phone or a comdadability issue with the bluestar and the car.
Mel

Postby 6thFairway » January 11th, 2013, 1:15 pm

I don't use the review view mirror controls except to manually re-pair the bluetooth after it disconnects on answer. I last plugged in a laptop and updated my Bluestar to the lastest software about a month ago... v 12-0718 or whatever (I'm going by memory). I'm driving a 2007 Tahoe.
6thFairway

PreviousNext

Return to BLUESTAR 2010