2008 Cadillac SRX [updated - everthing working great!]

2008 Cadillac SRX [updated - everthing working great!]

Postby jvp » September 1st, 2011, 3:17 pm

Got my bluestar last week, and finally had a chance to install it. For those looking to self-install into a 2008 Cadillac SRX, here's what you'll need to do:

IMPORTANT!!!! TO give you easier access for diagnostics and updates at a later time, buy a USB cable that will plug into the unit and you can leave near the small panel on the right rear wheel well that opens easily without removing any other parts from the car. DONT SKIP THIS OR YOU'LL SPEND HOURS DIGGING BACK TO THE BLUESTAR UNIT TO UPDATE OR DIAGNOSE. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

1)the Onstar unit is located in the right rear wheel well. You'll have to remove the plastic strip where the read luggage door closes. You'll also need to unscrew the right rear seatbelt from the top hinges. ONce that is off, you should be able to pull back the interior right rear corner panel from the back area. You won't need to pull the whole thing off, but at least get it back far enough so you can get back into the well

2)If you have a rear subwoofer/speaker, you will need to remove that to gain access to the onstar unit. If no speaker (mine has one), then you'll see two units bracketed to the right rear wheel well. The top unit is the XM radio. The bottom unit is the onstar device. There will be two white plugs and two antennas. One antenna for the phone and one for the onstar GPS tracking system. You can unplug both of those and leave them hanging. The two white cords will unplug and plug into your bluestar device.

3)Now, when you put the speaker back, tape the end of the USB cable you bought near the front of the speaker so you can gain easy access for diagnosing later.

4)Put everything back together.

Followup:

I had a problem with the tire pressure system after hooking it up. Turns out that the corner panel that you remove int he interior also houses the antenna for the keyless entry and tirepressure monitoring system. BE CAREFUL when removing and reinstalling. There is a plug that can come loose. Make sure its all tight before finishing up yoru installation!
jvp

Return to SRX