Installation

The Saab 9-7 is compatible with BLUESTAR

Installation

Postby Saab97Xguy » December 26th, 2012, 4:50 pm

Day One:
Found the OnStar box under the rear seat on the passenger side. There are some plastic clips holding it in that will release it. There are two other cables that are attached that I am still trying to figure out. Maybe antenna? Took out the two J1 and J2 plugs and inserted them in the BlueStar II. seems to work except for some reason the microphone is not working very well at all. I can yell really loud and it barely picks up my voice to use voice control and someone on the other end of a call can barely hear me yelling....
Attachments
Saab Onstar Box.JPG
Saab Onstar Box.JPG (203.88 KiB) Viewed 26369 times
Saab97Xguy

Re: Installation

Postby t_skrypek » January 6th, 2013, 5:20 pm

I have a problem with my Costar in a 2008 Saab 9-7X Aero. To get it to work I have to unplug the cable wait 30s then plug them back in. When I start the car the Costar works as advertised. after about 5 to 10 restarts of the car the Costar is completely dead, no lights on the mirror at all. The only way to get the Costar to work again is to pull the plugs and wait 30s and reinstall the plugs.

I have reinstalled the latest firmware and reinstalled several of the previous versions

When Costar works it works great I am suspecting a power glitch happens in the Saab electrical system.

Has anyone experience this problem? If the weather is good next weekend I may start hunting for loose power/ground connections to see if anything obvious turns up. If nothing turns up then I may build a filter for the power input to the Costar module to see that helps.

Anyone out there having this problem and did you find a solution?

Thanks
Terry
t_skrypek

Re: Installation

Postby jkostelyk » December 26th, 2013, 5:43 pm

Hi there. So I have a 97x and this exact thing has been happening to me too every since I got the unit. I have my daughter's car seat installed in that seat so it's a real pain to get to it to reset the unit so it works again. Were you ever able to find a fix? Would love to get it working all the time and never have to unplug and replug it in again! Thanks!
jkostelyk

Return to 9-7