2007 SLT with Bose installation

2007 SLT with Bose installation

Postby MerleHaggardFan » March 24th, 2011, 5:24 pm

I just installed the Bluestar 2010 this afternoon, about 30 minutes start to finish. I have DVD and CD in my console, no Navigation screen though BT guessing install is the same.

The On Star box (silver, heavy duty module that says Continental on it) was behind my DVD/CD/HVAC/Controls and they had to be removed. This was the most difficult art of the whole thing. I had to take a knife and go along the crease in the ring around the control panels and carefully pry it opt. Once removed, there were 8 bolts to remove and it's honestly best to remove the radio connectors and get that out of the way. The HVAC & power controls actually have long cables and can just be pulled out of the way. With the stuff moved and the radio removed, you need to pry the two black connectors on either edge of the On Star box apart and use a screwdriver or something UNDER it to lever it and pull it out. It's tight but it does slide. Once out, remove all connectors and since they are keyed, they will only fit in the right slots on the Bluestar. Once plugged in, you'll see the LED turn on and probably flash red/green (this sequence when not aired). You do need to plug in the radio to test it out but if you are familiar with BT pairing, you are good to go. It does say Bluestar on the radio screen when in a call.
MerleHaggardFan

Return to Yukon