2006 GMC Sierra 2500HD Diesel w/ Factory Navigation

2006 GMC Sierra 2500HD Diesel w/ Factory Navigation

Postby Duramax » February 27th, 2012, 6:56 pm

Ok, install was a breeze, but the unit works about 50% of the time.

Vehicle: 2006 Sierra 2500HD with factory GMC navigation.

Phone - iPhone 4s (at&t)

Problems:

- Sometimes after a call, indicator light remains red and will not power off with truck. Must unplug unit and plug back in to regain functionality.

- Can not switch from bluestar to phone without losing the ability to return to bluestar without power cycle.

- Can only make 1 phone call with the bluestar functioning, any phone calls made after default to phone speaker and cannot be switched back to bluestar without a power cycle.

- A lot of times the unit is unresponsive and requires a power cycle or a complete unplug replug to function.

I really like the concept of BlueStar and maybe I have a defective unit... I dont know. When it works, it works great, but I'd say I'm at the 50% mark. Any and all help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Ben
Duramax

Re: 2006 GMC Sierra 2500HD Diesel w/ Factory Navigation

Postby wankykootiepooper » March 29th, 2012, 5:51 pm

Ben,

I have the same vehicle. No joy.

I think your assessment is accurate. I've been fighting with this thing for 6 months.

My last attempt was to downgrade the firmware. The reliability improved somewhat, but is still not the level of operability that you get from a built in GM Bluetooth setup.

Eric.
wankykootiepooper

Postby RobertShular » March 2nd, 2013, 5:22 am

wankykootiepooper wrote:Ben,

I have the same vehicle. No joy.

I think your assessment is accurate. I've been fighting with this thing for 6 months.

My last attempt was to downgrade the firmware. The reliability improved somewhat, but is still not the level of operability that you get from a built in GM Bluetooth setup.

Eric.

I am also having problems with my Bluetooth setup in my 2006 GMC Sierra. it also does not switch from bluestar to phone without losing the ability to return to bluestar without power cycle.
Aventura Peninsula Two Offers Luxurious Living in a Young, Vibrant Community.
RobertShular

Postby mrcostar » March 4th, 2013, 3:32 pm

We have some new firmware to fix this. Please contact techsupport for updated code. (version 13-0211)
Thanks!
MR. COSTAR
mrcostar
Site Admin

Postby jtnull » June 24th, 2013, 12:18 pm

I have a 2006 GMC Sierra 2500HD SLT Diesel and am having the same issue described in this thread.

I installed my Bluestar 2 weeks ago and prior to installation I verified that my unit had the most up to date firmware. When I installed the unit it paired immediately and when it works it works very well, however once I turn my truck off and the connection is broken it will not re-connect without power cycling the Bluestar unit.

I am wondering if part of the problem is that on this truck the power is always on to the device and so it cannot reset itself without being manually power cycled. If this is the case it would seem that the I would have to run a new power line that would operate only when the ignition is on, like the stereo, as opposed to being hot all of the time, or insert a switch into the power circuit so that it can be manually powered on and off.
jtnull

Return to Sierra