2008 Solstice

2008 Solstice

Postby way235 » April 21st, 2011, 1:00 pm

I have a 2008 Solstice with onstar on the rear view mirror. The installation was easy and took a lot less time than I expected.
I completed the installation in about an hour. I also used the installation guide from
( http://www.skyroadster.com/forums/f5/bl ... ice-32406/).
It is an older unit installed into a Saturn Sky but the photos are great and everything looks the same on the Solstice. The sill panels come off very easy and the back panel as described in the Sky info. Be sure to use screw drivers to help release the clips holding the side panels with the speakers in them. They were a little harder to get to release. I just moved the two connectors from the onstar module and installed the J1-J4 wire as shown in the instructions. I took some tie wraps and mounted the unit behind the onstar unit.
Be sure to leave space below it so the side vents can get air.

I had no problems getting the bluetooth to connect to my phone. I just dial the number on my phone and then use the bluetooth.
When I receive a call I press the phone button on my mirror to answer. The radio mutes and the phone symbol and the number of the person calling displays in my radio dial. I am very pleasd with the ease of installation and how well it works. I like haveing it hidden and not glued to my dash. It has great audio since it uses the radio speakers and the onstar mike that is already installed.
way235

Return to Solstice