2011 malibu

2011 malibu

Postby alewis » January 17th, 2014, 4:59 pm

I just received my Bluestar II, that was it nothing else in the box. Thought it came with a usb cord. It's a mini usb, not Micro usb. Who has a mini cord??
apparently it was supposed to come with a "t-tap" to move a wire from one plug to another?
Are there any instructions to a specific car? I can't remove the onstar because when I do it kills the computer to the dashboard.
no gas guage... etc.

looking for help? do I take off the other connector thats on the onstar as well? I don't see anything talking about that?
there were two white, one black and a purple one.
alewis

Re: 2011 malibu

Postby ebilodea » February 1st, 2014, 6:41 pm

I'm having the same kind of issue. I connected the J1 and J2 white connectors in the bluestar unit and I was able to pair my phone. But I think I do need to tap into the GMLAN wire because it seems to be wired on the J4 (twice with green wires).

My problem is that the instructions say to use the included t-tap and there was none of that in the box my unit came from. I had the unit and the quickstart sheet and that's it.

Now I can find a t-tap for a few bucks I'm sure but there are different colors for those and you need to know the "gauge" to choose the right one. I'm no mechanic and I haven't been able to find which one I'm supposed to buy online.

My malibu is a 2009 by the way.
ebilodea

Return to Malibu